CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drum roll please.....





 For those of you who dont know, Kennedy is nicknamed June Bug because we found out in June we were having a girl and kept her name a secret until she made her infamous debut! Therefore she was nicknamed June Bug and it stuck!  She is our little bug, bugger, buggee, June Juner (as my little cousin calls her) and baby girl!  Four teeth, not much hair, standing, cruising, constantly pointing, busy busy, singing, peek a boo, a pretend cough, laughing, clapping, silly noises, imitating everything, loving animals, waving, and blowing kisses! Her first birthday was yesterday and she is SO full of life..our cup runneth over!







I also found it fitting to begin the blog with photos from Mamaw's visit! This is my great grandmother and Kennedy's great great grandmother.  Many of you have been fortunate enough to know her and her life is like no other...She is amazing with a heart so full of joy and love.  She is 93 years old and still drives to church, the local wal-mart, makes the best monkey bread and oh of course goes to visit the "old" people in the nursing home! We think JB might have gotten her Mamaw's red hair, because it has a hint of strawberry in it, but that still remains a mystery! One thing we know for sure is that she is Mamaw's angel and even my little brother Max has been demoted from "favorite."

Mamaw's famous scrambled eggs and cream of wheat...my first egg!!


A trip to Austin for her first Longhorn football game.  A long time tradition that started when I was about her age.  We'd load up with Gran and Grandaddy and head to Austin for the game.  When I was in school at UT, my grandparents would come into town and take me and my friends to dinner...I have the BEST memories of those times!
This time we got to take little Kennedy with us and she LOVED it! We went a little early so I could take some photos for a fundraiser Capitol School where I used to work and we got to see Nelson's brother, Fulton.  We stayed with him one night and enjoyed dinner at Maudies.  Here is Kennedy  "reading" some of Fulton's books and as always loving his big bed after bath time!



Some shopping and lunch on the drag with the girls we used to babysit...soon they'll be babysitting Kennedy!



Kennedy got to go on the field with our cousin Shelley who is the Senior cheerleading captian.  She had her matching cheerleading outfit on and before long the cameras were swarming! Hook Em! 
She lasted all 4 quarters and way past her bedtime and enjoyed every second of it! A visit to the Horn's club where Gran enjoys the dessserts, cheering in Grandaddy's arms and sitting on the 50 yard line ended with a good night's sleep at the Fairfield and breakfast at IHOP in the morning







Appropriately we segue from the Texas Longhorn football game into the State Fair of Texas... home of the Texas OU game.  The game was amazing this year! However, we ventured to the fair as a family one evening and enjoyed watching Kennedy soak up her first State Fair experience.

The petting zoo was a favorite!
My first Fletcher's corny dog..SO yummy!!



 Kennedy and giraffes go hand in hand! Her little lovie named "Buddy" by Gran is a giraffe, her mom is tall like a giraffe, her nursery is full of giraffes and her Uncle Maxi gave her the best life size giraffe who watches over her in her bed at night! Here are is some evidence of her giraffe incfluences.....




Kennedy was deemed "Giraffe Couture" in her Halloween costume! Sugar (aka my mom) who is the most creative person I know, dazzled up her little costume with pink and fluff and please notice the pink converse she made!~





We went to the Pumpkin Patch with our playgroup and had so much fun seeing our cute friends.  Kennedy loves to growl at any and all animals so she was constantly growling at all of her playmates! 



We spent Kennedy's first Halloween at the church carnival at South Garland Baptist Church.  This is the carnival that I grew up going to as a little girl at my grandparent's church and I secretly admit that either me or my brother always took home the trophy for best costume.  Kennedy felt the love with my parents, and grandparents and Nelson's parents all at the carnival! 



Trick or treating with John Austin and Emmy at Gran's house!



Some fun November THANKFULNESS...

If you ask Kennedy "do you have a headache?" she will grab her head like this..priceless!


We are so thankful on this Thanksgiving and always for blessings of family and friendship and of course our greatest joy this year on her first thanksgiving is our little turkey!!.
Uncle Maxi is soo special! My favorite thing about him is when he gets me up early from my naps and whistles to me all the time! He is so funny to watch!!
Aunt Birdie is the best and I always reach out my arms for her to hold me because I love being with her! She invented one of my favorite tricks...sipping baby food with a straw because she always feeds me!

We always have so much fun when Lor is in town!!! Its turning into a little tradition to watch the Texas/A&M game together!   We enjoyed hanging out and cheering on the longhorns and we had orange cup yogurt at the mall! I LOVE Barney!


Kennedy loves to see "Rudolph" at grandaddy's house! 

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Auntie Lor approves of the new blog! So impressive that you know how to spell Segue! :) love you! happy birthday Kennedy today! Love you!
Auntie Lor

Emily Mulkey Photography said...

I love the new blog!! I can't wait to read more! I really cannot believe that Kennedy is a year old! Time goes so fast!

Unknown said...

Oh My! That just made my morning! I have been up all night feeding my little guy and am very tired and have to go to work but that really perked me up! I even got teary eyed! She is beautiful!You and Nelson are so blessed.

Taylorius said...

You told me through a blog that you had a baby? I thought we were closer than that.

Morningside Farms said...

Aunt Sabra Kay loves seeing your
pics--Thanks for sharing them!

Now when I want to see a sweet little girl I can just tune in!

Tell Kennedy she can come to
visit us at Morningside Farms
in TN and pet the baby goats!

You can just feel the love :)
Your family has been blessed!